The Department of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Partnerships (DATSIP) provides whole-of-government leadership in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander policy, coordination and monitoring, and the delivery of services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Queenslanders. This includes key policy and program initiatives in the areas of:
- social policy
- employment and business development
- land tenure resolution, home ownership, housing and land development in remote communities
- integrated infrastructure coordination and delivery in remote communities
- cultural heritage
- cultural capability and engagement
- community and personal histories services.